‘Tech 1sts’ pouring in for new BusinessCloud list
A fortnight after launching, entries for BusinessCloud’s Tech 1sts list are pouring in from around the UK.
We’ve joined forces with Havas PR to find the most innovative and game-changing tech products from around the UK.
Revolutionising everything from the way we reduce food waste to how we shop, these companies – new and old – are using tech in some of the most innovative ways that we’ve ever seen.
There’s still a month until entries close, so if you’re at the cutting edge of tech and have produced a something that’s a ‘first’ in any way, we want to hear from you!
The products can be crazy or transformational, revolutionary or ridiculous.
The 101 products will be included in a list of a 101 ‘Tech 1sts’ and many of the companies behind them will have the chance to pitch to a range of investors at an exclusive event later in the year.
Special awards will be given to the best products with one winner given a ticket to CES 2018* in Las Vegas.
The Consumer Electronics Show (best known as CES) is an annual trade show and attracts innovators from all over the world.
- To nominate fill in this online form by August 18, 2017, being sure to include location details.
- If you have any questions, email [email protected].
- A full list of criteria can be found below but judges are looking for more than just numbers so include details of obstacles overcome; evidence of investment; orders; growth; any intellectual property or patents secured etc.
- Tech is defined as a company that is using tech to disrupt a traditional industry or is creating / selling a technology-based product;
- Submissions could include a physical product with an element of tech in it; an app; a social medium platform etc;. It would also be a device that been used to enhance another tech product;
- Submissions will be expected to provide evidence of what makes the entry innovative and first. Include details or any IP and patents taken out on the product;
- The product must be five years old or less (invented on or after September 1, 2012). Older products would be expected to show evidence of commercial support. Newer products would be expected to show business projections;
- Supplementary information on turnover; profit; investment; workforce should also be provided. Any information that is confidential should be clearly marked up as confidential and will not be published. It will only be seen by the judges.
* or equivalent prize