Wales’ first national technology accelerator launches
Innovation Point has announced the finalists of its Digital Dozen accelerator programme.
The company driving development and investment in Wales’ digital economy will fast-track the best and brightest of Wales‘ ambitious tech start-ups and scale-ups through the six-month programme.
It offers finalists the tools, skills and connections needed to grow and secure their next investment round, including one-to-one mentoring, pitch training and valuable networking events and introductions.
“We’ve worked with successful accelerators across the UK, Europe and the US to gauge what does – and doesn’t – work, whilst speaking to companies throughout Wales about the support and connections they feel would best empower them to take their business to the next level,” said Colin Batten, head of partnerships & Digital Dozen Accelerator at Innovation Point.
David Warrender, CEO of Innovation Point, added: “Previous iterations of the Digital Dozen have brought tremendous success to the participants.
“With the added support, expertise and guiding hands from proven entrepreneurs this year looks to be the biggest yet.
“We can’t wait to see where the programme takes these leading innovative companies.”
Innovation Point has assembled an all-star cast of successful entrepreneurs to drive the programme, including Anthony Rose’s Seedlegals, Jag Singh, Nauta Capital, White Horse Capital, Lexington, Webstart Bristol, David-Murray-Hundley, aka The Grumpy Entrepreneur, and Innovation Point’s CEO David Warrender.
The Digital Dozen are:
- Open Genius – the team behind iMindMap and DropTask, Open Genius create intuitive technologies that facilitate and enhance creativity, innovation and productivity.
- Properr – develop integrated technology solutions for the property industry. Flagship product Track My Move simplifies how people buy residential property, reduces fall throughs and radically improves processes.
- Disberse – a fund management platform built for the global development sector. Disberse drives efficient and effective delivery of development and humanitarian aid.
- DashHound – connects users social accounts, allowing them to track and purchase products used by their favourite beauty influencers via a bespoke online dashboard.
- Prizsm Technology – offer a clear, concise and organised approach to delivering business requirements, be it websites, custom software or consultancy.
- Simply Do Ideas – provide a quick, simple way for people to build and test their business ideas. Simply Do Ideas aim to create a more enterprising and innovative society for all.
- Talkative – allows users to convert website visitors into paying customers, using voice, video, chat and cobrowsing.
- Geolang – the software development company specialising in the cyber security and business resilience market. Geolang offer users advanced, content-aware Information Management solutions.
- Do-IT Solutions – a specialist IT company providing a modular accessible online assessment and monitoring system. Its aim is to empower individuals to access education and employment.
- University Cribs – understanding the difficulty of finding and securing student accommodation, University Cribs strives to make house-hunting a stress-free task for students.
- Zone Art Networks – a unique solution to the problem of locating users and objects in space-time using its Follow Spot solution, requiring only a single access point.
- Codeherent – its mission is to enable organisations to quickly and easily develop their ideas into palpable business outcomes.
The finalists will gather at Innovation Point for the first time on Tuesday 11th July to celebrate their success, get to know their peers, and hit the ground running with their first round of investment readiness training from serial entrepreneur Ian Merricks.