A host of UK-based entrepreneurs have been recognised in the annual Forbes 30 Under 30 lists.
Forbes Magazine’s prestigious list of future leaders and influencers this year includes activist Greta Thunberg and a host of business, media and culture leaders.
The magazine honoured 600 young leaders in all, including several Britons on the 30 Under 30 European Technology list.
- Sam Browne and Alex Rose, co-founders of endurance sports platform Let’s Do This
- Harry Atkinson and James Dean of ‘digital twin’ tech firm Sensat
- Yuliya Dankova and Philipp Mintchin, who co-founded mobility inventory API Splyt with Singaporean Stephen Mason
- luggage storage platform Stasher co-founders Anthony Collias and Jacob Wedderburn-Day
- Victor Riparbelli and Steffen Tjerrild of AI company Synthesia
- InsurTech AI imagery company Tractable co-founder Razvan Ranca
- hologram firm VividQ’s co-founders Tom Durrant and Aleksandra Pedraszewska
Each year, the Forbes panel typically reviews more than 20,000 nominees to decide on 600 figures to recognise, with 30 selected from 20 industries including manufacturing, business, sports, arts and education.
Martin Vares, the 27-year-old founder of Manchester-based cloud manufacturing platform Fractory, made the 30 under 30 manufacturing and industry list.
He said: “It’s an honour to be recognised by Forbes, especially so given the calibre of young leaders and entrepreneurs in our sector.
“The future for cloud manufacturing is very exciting. Bringing our offices to Manchester has been one of the main propellants of growth for us.
“The local engineering community is very open to innovative solutions to further cement the world-leading position in the manufacturing industry.”
Social Chain CEO Steven Bartlett was recognised in the media and marketing category.
Alexandra Wilson of Forbes said: “At a time of great global uncertainty, it is hard to see beyond the doom and gloom. But we hope our fifth annual Forbes Under 30 Europe list delivers a much needed dose of optimism. We aim to highlight the young, visionary leaders brashly reinventing business and society.”