Big-name speakers set for IFB big data and IoT conference
The challenge of embracing big data in business will be the focus of a BusinessCloud half-day conference at the 2016 International Festival for Business.
RealityMine CEO and co-founder Garry Partington (pictured) and Weightmans partner Sean Crotty are among the big-name speakers at the Thursday morning event on 30th June in the Martin Luther King Building on Liverpool’s Albert Dock.
The IFB brings together thousands of businesses from around the world over three weeks and has grown into a global marketplace for making connections and doing deals.
BusinessCloud will be right in the thick of the action as editor Chris Maguire hosts this conference looking at how big data and the Internet of Things can transform your business and the innovation taking place in these areas.
In its simplest form the IoT allows everyday objects – from industrial machines to wearable devices – to gather data and communicate with each other.
But how should companies analyse, capture, search and store that data?
How can they take positive action based on what they find?
And what are the ramifications of failing to embrace the new technology?
The audience will also hear from the Information Commissioner’s Office Senior Policy Officer Carl Wiper, Intilery CEO Gareth James, Cake Solutions CTO Steve Strickland-Wright, Angel Solutions CEO Andy Kent and Simon Maskell, Professor of Autonomous Systems at the University of Liverpool’s School of Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Computer Science, among others.
The panel discussions will revolve primarily around the private sector but will also look at the impact on the public sector.
The Big Data and IoT conference will be held in conjunction with Weightmans and sponsors the University of Liverpool.
To register an interest in attending this event, click here.
- Carl Wiper, Senior Policy Officer, Information Commissioner’s Office
- Michael Gleaves, Deputy Director, Hartree Centre at STFC
- Gareth James, CEO – Intilery (ex- MoneySupermarket)
- Jonathan Wilson, board member, Results Through Digital; director, Appitized
- Sean Crotty, Partner, Weightmans
- Martin Forshaw, Partner, Weightmans
- Dan Warren, Director of Group Architecture, Capita
- Garry Partington, CEO / Co-Founder, RealityMine
- Kerry Wright, Director of Marketing and Alliances, Purple
- Steve Strickland-Wright, CTO, Cake Solutions
- George Sanderson, Co-Founder, Unique Insights
- Professor Simon Maskell, Professor of Autonomous Systems, School of Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Computer Science, University of Liverpool
- Dr Ronald Dyer, MBA, DBA, Lecturer – Project Management, Marketing and Operations, University of Liverpool
- Andy Kent, CEO, Angel Solutions Ltd
- Chris Maguire, editor, BusinessCloud (chair)