BusinessCloud discusses the health of the North East digital and technology sector in this roundtable at the Newcastle offices of KPMG. This event is by invitation only.
June 7th 2016, 8.30-10.30am
KPMG, Quayside House, 110 Quayside, Newcastle Upon Tyne NE1 3DX
The digital and tech sector has been identified as a key ingredient of the Northern Powerhouse. Although London attracts the headlines, the reality is that 70 per cent of the UK’s digital companies are based outside the capital.
Manchester is on a mission to establish itself as a major tech city, Wilmslow is home to a flourishing games industry while the Baltic Creative Campus in Liverpool is going from strength to strength.
But what is the health of the digital tech industry in the North East?
BusinessCloud has held similar roundtables in Manchester and the purpose of coming to Newcastle is to hear about what’s happening in digital and tech – from entrepreneurship to recruitment and funding – from those industries in the North East.
- Paul Lancaster, founder, Plan Digital
- Alex Buchan, Operations Director, Northstar Ventures, Ignite co-founder & head of Campus North
- Lyndsey Britton, Innovation Director, Campus North
- Hans Moller, Chief Finance Officer, NE LEP
- Chris Blaxall, Performance Horizon
- Charlie Hoult, chairman, Dynamo North East, chairman, Opencast Software Europe, MD, Hoults Yard
- Graham Pearce, Head of TMT, KPMG
- Ryan Davies, Gospel Ware
- Gilbert Corrales, Leaf FM
- Dan Riley, MD and CEO, Spearhead Interactive
- Nick Edgar, Senior Director, Growth Finance, Specialist & Acquisition Finance, Clydesdale Bank
- Chris Maguire, editor, BusinessCloud (chair)
Selected upcoming BusinessCloud events
June 7th – North East tech roundtable, Newcastle
June 20th – Tech entrepreneurs who want to change the world, Liverpool
June 29th – Tech in the legal sector
June 30th – Big data and the Internet of Things conference, Liverpool
June 30th – Tech in the Northern Powerhouse evening event, Liverpool
July 5th – Big Data and IoT conference findings roundtable, Liverpool
July 13th – Technology and retail roundtable, Manchester
July 14th – Tech Manchester roundtable, Manchester
November 9th – Digital Entrepreneur Awards, Manchester