North West Tech 50: Vote now for region’s most exciting firm
The day has arrived to cast your vote for the North West’s most exciting technology company – welcome to North West Tech 50.
After sifting through nominations and carrying out our own research, we have compiled a long-list of 224 disruptive companies who are using tech in innovative ways.
We have assembled a stellar panel of judges who will each choose their top 15 companies. They are:
- Chris Reay, property director, MediaCityUK
- Sam Booth, CEO, Pro-Manchester
- Dan Sodergren, head of business services, The Landing
- Miranda Barker, CEO, East Lancashire Chamber of Commerce
- Andrew Sloane, investment lead in Scotland and the North West, ADV
- Mo Aldalou, entrepreneur engagement manager (North West), Tech Nation
- Dr Joanne Phoenix, interim executive director, Sensor City
- Nigel Jones, sector specialist: tech & creative, Department for International Trade
- Patricia Keating, executive director, Tech Manchester
- Mark Lawler, MD, Baltic Creative CIC
- Anna Heyes, MD, Active Profile
- Katie Gallagher, MD, Manchester Digital
- Angela McClelland and Dawn Paine, The Extraordinary Club
- Jonathan Symcox, editor, BusinessCloud
For the next two weeks we are also running a voting process for the general public. You have until 11pm on Sunday 27th October to vote.
The final 50 ranking, which will be published on Monday October 21st, will be decided by a combination of the judges’ rankings and public vote. Subscribe to our newsletter to be among the first to see the results.
We have included the names of the companies, where they are based and a short description of what they do.
Businesses must be harnessing tech in a disruptive way and be able to demonstrate that. They may also have evidence of:
- high/fast-growing turnover
- workforce growth
- investment/high-profile backers
They are all tech-first organisations. We have not included large companies in other sectors with internal R&D departments, eCommerce retailers or technology infrastructure businesses such as telecoms. Agencies must be developing bespoke innovative solutions using the latest technologies.
It is one of 11 annual regional ranked lists which will aim to shine a light on the companies of all sizes who are doing amazing things with technology. We will publish one ranked list a month every year from February through to December. Full details are available here.