The day has arrived to cast your vote for Yorkshire & Humberside’s most exciting technology company – welcome to Yorkshire & Humberside Tech 50.
After sifting through nominations and carrying out our own research, we have compiled a long-list of 128 disruptive companies who are using tech in innovative ways.
We have assembled a stellar panel of judges who will each choose their top 15 companies. They are:
- Amy De-Balsi, head of innovation and partnerships in Leeds, Bruntwood
- Chris Dymond, director, Sheffield Digital
- Jem Henderson, entrepreneur engagement manager (Yorkshire), Tech Nation
- Chelsea Boothroyd, engagement manager, Nexus
- Zak Ahmed, director, AALFY
- Laura Harper, general counsel, business & legal affairs, Firesprite
- Kane Fulton, entrepreneur engagement content manager, Tech Nation
- Jonathan Symcox, editor, BusinessCloud
For the next two weeks we are also running a voting process for the general public. You have until 11pm on Sunday August 25th to vote.
The final 50 ranking, which will be published on Monday September 9th, will be decided by a combination of the judges’ rankings and public vote.
We have included the names of the companies, where they are based and a short description of what they do.
Businesses must be harnessing tech in a disruptive way and be able to demonstrate that. They may also have evidence of:
- high/fast-growing turnover
- workforce growth
- investment/high-profile backers
They are all tech-first organisations. We have not included large companies in other sectors with internal R&D departments, eCommerce retailers or technology infrastructure businesses such as telecoms. Agencies must be developing bespoke innovative solutions using the latest technologies.