BusinessCloud discusses the health of the Yorkshire digital and technology sector in this roundtable at the Leeds offices of KPMG. This event is by invitation only.
May 19th 2016, 8.30-10.30am
KPMG, 1 Sovereign Square, Sovereign Street, Leeds LS1 4DA
The digital and tech sector has been identified as a key ingredient of the Northern Powerhouse. Although London attracts the headlines, the reality is that 70 per cent of the UK’s digital companies are based outside the capital.
Manchester is on a mission to establish itself as a major tech city, Wilmslow is home to a flourishing games industry while the Baltic Creative Campus in Liverpool is going from strength to strength.
But what is the health of the digital tech industry in Leeds and the wider Yorkshire region?
AQL, Pinnacle, Sky Betting & Gaming, Stroma and Nostrum are examples of thriving Yorkshire companies included in the Northern Tech Awards.
BusinessCloud has held similar roundtables in Manchester and the purpose of coming to Leeds is to hear about what’s happening in digital and tech – from entrepreneurship to recruitment and funding – from those industries in Yorkshire.
- Andy Williams, Managing Principal, Health division, Answer Digital
- Adam Beaumont, AQL
- Charles Shepherd, Relationship Director Technology, Media & Telecoms, Barclays Corporate
- Steve Wainwright, Digital Entrepreneur, Future Labs
- Amy De Balsi, Owner, Herd
- Graham Pearce, Head of TMT, KPMG
- Simon Brereton, Head of Economic Policy and Sector Development, Leeds City Council
- Dan Shorrock, Pinnacle Data
- Andrew Burton, CTO, Sky Betting & Gaming
- Paul Mann, Partner, Squire Patton Boggs
- Richard Foster, IT Sales Manager, Stroma
- Mark Fordyce, MD, York Data Services
- Chris Maguire, editor, BusinessCloud (chair)
Selected upcoming BusinessCloud events
May 19th – Yorkshire tech roundtable, Leeds
June 7th – North East tech roundtable, Newcastle
June 29th – Tech in the legal sector
June 30th – Big data and the Internet of Things conference, Liverpool
June 30th – Tech in the Northern Powerhouse evening event, Liverpool
July 5th – Big Data and IoT conference findings roundtable, Liverpool
July 13th – Technology and retail roundtable, Manchester
July 14th – Tech Manchester roundtable, Manchester
September 13th – The amazing future of tech, Manchester
November 9th – Digital Entrepreneur Awards, Manchester