14 UK firms among latest Entrepreneur First cohort
Entrepreneur First has announced the latest cohort of deep tech companies in a virtual demo day event.
The online showcase, which comes amidst the ongoing social distancing measures announced in response to the global Covid-19 pandemic, highlights the talent and teams formed across EF’s three European locations – London, Berlin and Paris.
The digital unveiling of the EF Europe 13 cohort sees 25 start-ups in emerging deep technology fields such as AI, biotechnology, machine learning and robotics, pitching their ideas to the world’s best investors.
There were 14 based in London.
It includes companies leveraging innovative technologies to address present and prescient global issues, including accelerated drug discovery using digital twin cells, environmental pollutant monitoring and artificial brain development for robotics applications.
Matt Clifford, co-founder of Entrepreneur First, commented: “While the format of today’s Demo Day event may have changed, the focus remains the same – introducing the globally important companies of the future to the world’s best investors.
“Entrepreneur First believes that the best way for the most ambitious and talented people to fulfil their potential is to use their exceptional talent to build companies, transform lives and change the world.
“With the right support, one talented individual has the potential to fundamentally change the way an entire industry operates – which is perhaps even more important in this period of global upheaval.
“Today’s launch reaffirms Entrepreneur First’s role in promoting the use of innovative deep technologies across a wide range of sectors – including biomedical sciences, healthcare and engineering.
“The breadth and ambition of companies on display today demonstrates the talent and vision of our Europe 13, and the huge response from investors already is evidence of the fact that they are willing to back innovative, high-growth tech start-ups through difficult times.
“Our mission as talent investors is to activate and amplify exceptional talent around the world and to enable individuals to achieve outsized global impact and scale, and we believe that this mission remains as vital as ever during challenging socioeconomic times.”
EF’s bespoke programme, the first of its kind in the world, invests time and money in outstanding individuals, helping them to find a co-founder, develop an idea and create a high-growth technology company from scratch.
Since its inception in 2011, EF has helped over 2,000 individuals build more than 300 companies worldwide, with a total valuation of over $2 billion.
- Ambify (London) – Environmental pollutant monitoring to protect health and wellbeing.
- Augmize (London) – Augmize automates actuarial reserving in commercial insurance with interpretable machine learning.
- Better Dairy (London) – Building the future of food, starting with animal-free dairy.
- Flaime (London) – Revolutionising cloud gaming with dynamically distributed interactive 3D content delivery.
- Bleep_ (London) – Bleep_ lets you create and remix your favourite TV Shows, for and on, the channels we all know and love.
- CARV3D (London) – We generate on demand, new examples of unique and believable digital humans which do not exist in the real world.
- cheMastery (London) – Building the infrastructure for chemistry.
- Exogene (London) – Fast discovery of safer immunotherapies.
- Micrographia Bio (London) – Engineering the chemical atlas for modern drug discovery.
- my110 (London) – AI health coach transforming how we eat, exercise and recover.
- Ochre Bio (London) – Gene therapies to treat donor livers outside of the body.
- Omnipresent (London) – We take away the pain of operating global teams. Our clients can onboard employees anywhere in the world with a few mouse clicks.
- Verchable (London) – Building next generation video search using Computer Vision.
- Volatile AI (London) – Combining existing gas sensors with bio-inspired AI algorithms to monitor food aroma.
- Cargoflip (Berlin) – An all-in-one platform to simplify international trade for businesses.
- ElementZero Biolabs (Berlin) – The next generation of tools for capturing genetic information.
- hier foods (Berlin) – An end-to-end procurement tool for regional food.
- Iskra (Berlin) – Low code, complete Machine Learning platform.
- Blendeez (Paris) – Blendeez helps business users make CRM external and internal apps work together at scale with no technical skills.
- Contreeb (Paris) – We enable online shops and their consumers to balance their carbon footprint.
- DeepLife (Paris) – DeepLife creates digital twins of cell to accelerate drug discovery.
- EyePick (Paris) – EyePick builds a brain for robots to see, understand and act in the real-world.
- Lynceus (Paris) – Lynceus is building the world’s most reliable manufacturing quality prediction software.
- Samp (Paris) – Digital twins for industrial facilities – reliable knowledge for everyone.
- X80 Security (Paris) – Generating intelligent cyber defences through automatic threat simulation.