London Tech Week has announced its 30 Change Makers for 2018, celebrating the companies and people harnessing technology to inspire social and economic impact and drive global innovation.
They include entrepreneurs in fast-growth start-ups to leaders from the wider ecosystem, such as corporate innovators, investors, coders, policymakers, diversity campaigners and academics.
The Change Makers were nominated by London Tech Week Ambassadors including Eileen Burbidge, partner at Passion Capital and member of the Prime Minister’s Business Advisory Group, Sarah Wood, co-founder and CEO of Unruly, Russ Shaw, founder of Tech London Advocates, and Jacqueline de Rojas, president of TechUK.
They will play an active role in this year’s festival, supporting the week’s agenda of entrepreneurship and innovation and participating in events at London Tech Week’s anchor event, TechXLR8 at the ExCel.
“London Tech Week celebrates the companies and people driving innovation in the digital economy to shape the future of businesses, lives, and society the world over,” said Zoe Osmond, festival director of London Tech Week.
“The Change Makers show the vast impact that has already been made, harnessing technology to build exceptional businesses, campaigning for change and strengthening the capital’s position as a global tech hub.”
London Tech Week runs from 11-17 June across a series of venues in the capital while TechXLR8 runs from 12-14 June in the ExCel.
The full list:
- Amali de Alwis, Founder, Code First: Girls
- Anita O’Rourke, Stores EMEA Director, Microsoft
- Anne-Marie Imafidon, CEO, The Stemettes
- Arfah Farooq, Founder, Muslamic Makers
- Asesh Sarkar, CEO, Salary Finance
- Becky Sage, Founder, Interactive Scientific
- Charlene Laidley FRSA, Founder, The FutureProof Foundation
- Check Warner, Founder, Diversity.vc
- Fiona Nielsen, CEO, DNAdigest and Repositive
- Hayley Sudbury, Founder and CEO, WERKIN
- Jake Warren, Founder, Silence and Air
- James Smith, CEO, Elliptic
- Julie Walters, Founder, Raremark
- Karen McCormick, Chief Investment Officer, Beringea
- Leila Zegna, Founder, Kindred Capital
- Maxine Mackintosh, Co-founder, One HealthTech
- Meri Williams, CTO, Moo
- Paul van Zyl, Co-founder and CCO, The Conduit
- Rioch Edwards-Brown, Founder, So You Wanna Be In TV?
- Josh Giegel, Co-founders, Hyperloop One
- Samantha Payne, Co-founder and COO, Open Bionics
- Sharmadean Reid, Founder, Beautystack
- Sophie Adelman, Co-founder, White Hat
- Sophie Deen, Founder and CEO, Bright Little Labs
- Dr Sue Black OBE, Founder, techmums
- Suki Fuller, Founder, Miribure
- Tamara Rajah, Founder and CEO, Live Better With
- Tom Adeyoola, CEO, Metail
- Tom Fogden, Dean and COO, Ada College
- Yinka Makinde, Founder and CEO, Vitalfootprint