The day has arrived to cast your vote for the UK’s most exciting FinTech company – welcome to 100 FinTech Disrupters.
FinTech is changing the world of finance for consumers, from the way people bank to how they arrange insurance and pay for things.
The potential for the sector is huge, levelling the playing field for bootstrapped SMEs, helping users manage their finances more effectively and breathing new life into the UK’s economy.
After sifting through nominations and carrying out our own research, we have compiled a long-list of around 200 disruptive companies who are using tech in innovative ways.
We have assembled a stellar panel of judges who will each choose their top 15 companies. They are:
- Chris Reay, property director, MediaCityUK
- Ruth Milligan, head of financial services and payments programme, techUK
- Steve Chown, Fintech Accelerator Manager, NatWest
- Rachel Bentley, Fintech senior manager, KPMG
- Julian Wells, director, Whitecap Consulting, FinTech North & FinTech West
- Dawn Dunn, cluster manager for Fintech/Data, Dynamo
- Jonathan Simnett, director, Hampleton Partners
- Gavin Brown, senior lecturer, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Janine Hirt, COO, Innovate Finance
- Eliott Saba, VP – Fintech Venture & Growth, Silicon Valley Bank
- David Brear, CEO, 11:FS
- Jonathan Symcox, editor, BusinessCloud
For the next two weeks we are also running a voting process for the general public. You have until 11pm on August 7th to vote.
The final 100 ranking, which will be published online on September 16th and in the Q3 edition of BusinessCloud magazine, also out in September, will be decided by a combination of the judges’ rankings and public vote.
We have included the names of the companies, where they are based and a short description of what they do. Businesses must be harnessing tech in a disruptive way and be able to demonstrate that. They may also have evidence of:
- high/fast-growing turnover
- workforce growth
- investment/high-profile backers